Empty Can Handling
Empty Can Handling
Our extensive empty can handling experience covers the integration of our bulk depalletizer and mass empty can conveyors. Our solution includes vacuum transfers for the elimination of down cans and/or coding, high-speed single-filing (pressureless or DeckJet type) and Ionized Air Rinsers. We provide quick, reliable and straightforward changeovers and integration of cut-offs. These features are unique to Descon and separate us from the rest.
Select a Product:
The Descon Bulk Depalletizer is designed to outlast, outrun and outperform. Reaching speeds of up to seven layers per minute, it’s suited to support the most demanding of bottling and canning lines.
- Fully automatic, no operator required.
- Servo motor control.
- 360° pallet containment.
- Gentle layer compression.
- Automatic tier sheet with top frame removal and separation.
- Integrated light curtain with Category 3 safety.
- Easy to navigate graphical operator interface with diagnostic capabilities.
- Heavy gauge formed channel and welded tubular construction.
- Formed sheet metal panels.
- Professional powder coated painted finish.
- Fully guided main hoist with four-point #80 chain transmission.
- Linear guided sweep carriage with timing belt drive assembly.
- Optimized throughput via integrated controls and intelligent software.
- Servo motor control provides high-speed hoist and sweep functionality, with finite position control.
- Position monitoring allows for simultaneous action of multiple devices.
- Intelligent software ensures repeatable performance.
- Automatic strap removal.
- Automatic pallet and dunnage handling.
- Modular belt main bed with integrated dynamic transfer.
- Fully integrated empty container conveyance system.
Loose Container Conveyor
Empty and Full Containers
The Loose Container Conveyor serves as the link between individual machine centers, it’s the backbone to performance. The width of the conveyor, number of transfers, guide rail design and amount of accumulation are critical to how your equipment runs.
Function and Fit
- Layout design is the most important step.
- Start-up is quick, setting up your long-term system success.
- Ensuring accumulation levels provide sufficient reaction time between machine centers.
- Accessibility for material flow.
Descon Loose Container Conveyors feature clean design for easy cleaning and simple maintenance.
- Platform style or open construction.
- Clean-out access holes for washing.
- Tapered spacers behind legs and brackets.
- Tubular welded sanitary support structures.
- Minimization of flat surfaces that can collect dust.
- Integrated conveyor cleaning headers.
- Peaked, formed dust covers to minimize can exposure to foreign material.
Descon provides many Loose Container Conveyor options to enhance efficiency, productivity, and ensuring safety.
- Programmable automatic container guides using DC linear actuators.
- Stainless steel or powder coated carbon steel.
- Auto lubrication and Run-Dry systems.
- Integrated internal cleaning manifolds.
- Pre-mounted motor isolation switches.
- Integrated electrical wireways.
- Drip pans and dust covers.
- Duck unders for safe passage.
Vacuum Transfers & Elevators
Whether you require the removal of down cans from the line or a sudden change in elevation, Descon has a wide range of Vacuum Transfer and Elevator conveyors to support your production.
- Polypropylene perforated modular plastic belting and machined UHMW chain guides ensure long wear life.
- Eco-Friendly and high-efficiency low-noise blowers.
- Variable frequency control of blow motors.
- Simple pneumatic changeover for varying can heights.
- Significant elevation changes in minimal floor space.
- Variety of chain widths available to suit the application.
Descon engineers review infeed conveyor arrangements to ensure proper can separation, critical to the overall success of the system.
- Horizontal format
- Down can removal.
- Empty can coding.
- Vertical format
- Custom designed to suit nearly any elevation change.
- Mass transport of single file.
DeckJet Air Conveyor
The design of the Descon DeckJet Air Conveyor borrows from our industry-leading Neck Ring Air Conveyors. The DeckJet Air Conveyor offers unparalleled accumulation transporting empty cans either in mass or single-file on a thin film of air.
- Adapts easily to flexible can lines.
- Container stability ensuring precise deck, top guide alignment and smooth can flow.
- Responsive and effective accumulation at high-speed.
- Simple and effective changeover of top containment guide.
- Highly efficient blowers and louver design lowers cost of operations.
- Pneumatically adjusted top containment guides with unique spacer arrangement.
- Custom surface widths to accommodate many different production requirements.
- High-speed merge and combining systems with rinser to filler synchronization.
- High efficiency blowers with quick access filtration housing.
- Precision stamped air louvers for smooth and balanced container flow.
- Effective accumulation and synchronization between critical machine centers.
- Fast and effective priming of the line during a shift start or format change.
- Immediate recovery of can population in the event of a line interruption.
- Minimal back-pressure during line stoppage.
- Single-filing of empty cans at high speeds without damage.
- Effective means to merge multiple run-down rinsers into a single stream prior to filling.