Accumulation is critical to a successful empty PET/HDPE bottle line.
Descon Bulk Accumulation Hoppers work with unscramblers, providing a relatively small amount of accumulation to help manage short stoppages between equipment. If accumulation is sized appropriately, the relative speeds of equipment are managed to operate within a small speed range allowing for consistent and smooth operation of the entire system.
Whether offline or indirect transfer operation, our storage silos improve line efficiency and maintain product integrity.
The Bulk Accumulation Hopper consists of three stages of control working together to provide efficient accumulation without scuffing or denting of containers.
- Bi-directional accumulation zone: consists of a wide modular belt conveyor section that travels in a reverse direction when filling and a forward direction when emptying. The length of the zone configurations allow for varying degrees of accumulation.
- Metering: a relatively short zone, it meters product from the accumulation zone to the discharge end of the silo, ensuring pressure is minimized and bottle integrity maintained.
- Incline: a flighted incline conveyor accepts containers from the metering section and delivers to the downstream unscrambler at the desired elevation.
- Stand alone independent control system.
- Four standard models (400, 600, 800 and 1000 cu ft).
- Powder coat painted mild steel base structure with stainless steel side walls.
- Small footprint and easily configured into layouts.