Complete conveyor solutions for empty shell handling
The conveyor system serves as the communication link between individual machine centers. This “central nervous system” is crucial to overall performance.
Function and Fit
- General layout design is the most important step. Done correctly, commissioning is simple, start-up is quick, and long-term success is easily realized.
- Ensure accumulation levels provide for sufficient reaction time of machine centers.
- Accessibility for material flow.
- Assurance of proper shell washing and drying, and reliable supply of shells at packer infeeds.
Descon tabletop / mattop conveyors are designed for strength, rigidity, and performance.
- 11-gauge formed stainless steel side frames, #4P finish.
- Bolt-together modular design.
- UHMW carry way.
- Roller return way.
- 2” square tube supports with plastic articulating base pads.
- Shaft-mounted, overhead, or under-slung mounted gear motors.
- Variety of standard side guides to suit container.
Clean Design Principles
Descon conveyors incorporate clean design features that ensure easy washing.
- Platform style or open construction.
- Clean-out holes for washing.
- Tapered spacers behind legs and brackets.
- Tubular welded sanitary support structures.
- Minimization of flat surfaces that can collect dust.
- Integrated wire ways.
- Internal cleaning headers and drip pans.
Other Related Products
Descon complementary equipment includes but is not limited to the following:
- Dry trash removal systems.
- Shell washers and dryers.
- Inclines, declines and shell spirals.
- Merge and divert tables.
- Accumulation and metering