Vacuum Transfer / Elevator
Down can removal and more. Designed to transfer empty can flow over a void by means of perforated mattop chain with vacuum plenum. Down or badly deformed cans are dropped from the main flow and risk of jam interruption is reduced.
- High efficiency blowers.
- Blower and filter housings are integrated into conveyor design for clean look and reduced footprint.
- Down can collection chute.
- Horizontal or vertical format transfers to suit different applications.
Our unique three-zone construction allows for gentle loading, off-loading and guaranteed down can removal.
- Three zone damper control (pick-up, transfer, drop-off).
- Machined UHMW wearstrip track for precise chain travel and long wear life.
- Available in stainless steel or mild steel painted construction to suit plant environment.
- Removable covers to access the vacuum chain plenum for cleaning and maintenance.
- Variable chain widths established in the design phase are based on the application and range from single lane to mass flow.
Elevation changes can be achieved while removing down cans from the line, saving valuable floor space.
- Custom designed to suit any elevation change.
- 3-zone manual damper control.
- Large radius transitions to ensure vacuum is maintained at all times.
- Available in vertical or forward incline formats.
- Integrated blower and filter housing design minimizes footprint.
Guaranteed down can removal requires specific infeed conveyor arrangement. We can help with this.
- Descon engineers will review infeed conveyor arrangement to ensure proper can separation which is critical to overall success.
- Frequency control of infeed, discharge and vacuum belt conveyor motors.
- Manual damper or frequency control of vacuum blower.
- Polypropylene modular perforated mattop belt and machined UHMW chain guides ensure long wear life.
- Automatic DC motorized change over for multiple can heights.