The conveyor system serves as the communication link between individual machine centers. This “central nervous system” is crucial to overall performance.
Function and Fit
- General layout design is the most important step. Done correctly commissioning is simple, start-up is quick, and long-term success is easily realized.
- Ensure accumulation levels provide for sufficient reaction time between machine centers.
- Assurance of delivery of empty cans from depalletizer to downstream vacuum transfer or single-filer.
Descon modular belt style conveyors are designed for strength, rigidity, and long term performance.
- 11 gauge formed sheet metal side frames. Stainless steel or mild steel construction.
- UHMW carry way.
- Return roller way.
- 2” square tube supports with plastic articulating base pads.
- Shaft mounted, overhead, or under slung mounted gear motors.
- Dual strand side guides ensure down can containment but easy removal of down cans.
- Integrated peaked and formed dust covers throughout the conveyor path.
- Nose-over and DTS type transfers.
Clean Design Principals
Descon conveyors incorporate clean design features that ensure easy cleaning and simple maintainability.
- Platform style or open construction.
- Clean-out access holes for washing.
- Tapered spacers behind legs and brackets.
- Tubular welded sanitary support structures.
- Minimization of flat surfaces that can collect dust.
- Integrated conveyor washing headers.
- Peaked, formed dust covers to minimize can exposure to foreign materials.
Other Related Products
Descon complementary equipment includes but is not limited to the following:
- Mass vacuum transfers for simple removal of down cans.
- DeckJet air conveyor for the single filing of empty cans prior to the rinser and filler.
- Complete system integration services including empty can cut-off calculations and implementation.
- Integration with 3rd party ionized air rinsing systems.
- Centralized or distributed variable motor control solutions.